Grace Shim, MA, LCPC
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Executive Director
Grace is an Asian-American born and raised in the U.S. After finishing her M.A. in Counseling Psychology, she and her family have served with Serve Globally/Evangelical Covenant Church since 2003 in Kyrgyzstan and Thailand in the areas of medical/community development and counseling. She particularly enjoys working with couples using Emotionally Focused Therapy helping them to establish more secure attachments in their marriage. In addition, she counsels individuals on a variety of issues in order to help them regain hope and healing. Along with counseling, she served as Co-Director for 5 years and currently serves as Executive Director at Cornerstone.
Grace has three adult children and serves alongside her physician husband, Bob, as the Asia Regional Coordinators for their organization. Outside the office, she enjoys coffee with friends, playing guitar and piano, food, books, and traveling.
- MA (Master of Arts) in Counseling Psychology, 2002, Trinity International University, Deerfield, Illinois, USA
- BA (Bachelor of Arts) Math Education, 1990, Virginia Polytechnic and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Illinois, USA
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Eating Disorders
Counseling Interests and Experience
- Marital Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Relationship Issues
- Women’s Issues
- Cross-Cultural Issues
- Spiritual Direction and Growth