Grace Shim, MA, LCPC
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Director of Global Advancement
Grace has been serving with Cornerstone since 2010 as a clinical counselor and as the former Executive Director and Co-Director. In 2020, she moved to the Middle East and is now providing remote counseling for Cornerstone and serving as the Director of Global Advancement. After completing her M.A. in Counseling Psychology, she and her family have served with Serve Globally since 2003 in Kyrgyzstan and Thailand in the areas of medical/community development, counseling, and regional leadership for Asia. She particularly enjoys working with couples using Emotionally Focused Therapy helping them to establish more secure attachments in their marriage. In addition, she counsels individuals on a variety of issues with a passion to see them experience freedom and embrace who they are created to be.
Grace is married and has three adult children. Outside the office, she enjoys coffee with friends, playing guitar and piano, food, books, and traveling.
- MA (Master of Arts) in Counseling Psychology, 2002, Trinity International University, Deerfield, Illinois, USA
- BA (Bachelor of Arts) Math Education, 1990, Virginia Polytechnic and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Illinois, USA
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Eating Disorders
Counseling Interests and Experience
- Marital Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Relationship Issues
- Women’s Issues
- Cross-Cultural Issues
- Spiritual Direction and Growth